Monday, September 6, 2010

seminary to the sea chantey


Seminary to the Sea:
Saturday began with a 13 mile hike at 8:30 am. It took about 6 hours to complete and ended up at Stinson Beach where a late lunch met us. For every new muscle that I discovered painfully, there was a breath taking view to make up for it. I kept feeling overwhelmed with the thought... I live here!
Sea Chanteys:
After returning from the hike... resting and showering... I went with some housemates and friends to a 'sea chantey sing'. I'll let you figure out what that is. Here's a hint: we were on a boat and we were singing. I'm going to learn as many sea chanteys as possible before the next one and blow the place up (figuratively speaking).

On Sunday I visited City Church of SF for the first time. This is one of the only churches in my denomination in this area. I must admit... I was very hopeful that I would enjoy the service, as I would like to be active in my denomination. The worship was sincere and the message (although I couldn't gear if my politics line up w/ the pastors.... maybe that's a good thing on his part) was thoughtful and motivating. I think it'll be a good place for me to get settled and get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment